- Before a zone can be added camera calibration must be done.
- Including overlapping zones in a configuration is not recommended as this can cause poor detection performance.
- Adding or editing a zone while playing video may cause the operation to appear delayed or jerky.
- "Exiting Vehicle" data collection require that there be at least 2 car lengths beyond the leading edge of the zone visible in the image. Also, in order for vehicle direction to be reported, there must be room on the image to see vehicles turning.
- A single zone covering multiple lanes is not recommended for Data Collection as counts may not be accurate for shared zones. Also, single zones for multiple lanes is not recommended when using Pulse or Snappy outputs.
Continue with the next step.
Proceed to Step 7.
- No Turn Lanes: one zone appears, covering all lanes defined in the calibration.
- Left Turn Lane: two zones appear, one for a left turn and one covering the remainder of the lanes defined in the calibration.
- Right Turn Lane: two zones appear, one for the a right turn lane and one covering the remainder of the lanes defined in the calibration.
- Left and Right Turn Lanes: two or three zones appear, one for a right turn lane, one for a left turn lane and if more than two zones were defined in the calibration, one covering the remainder of the lanes.
- Preserve All Lanes: a zone for each lane defined in the calibration appears.
- Because the original zone is probably not a perfect square or rectangle, the distance measurement shown for the new zone will be different from the original.
- Right-click on the zone.
- Under Turn Direction, select the appropriate check box.
- Click elsewhere on the image.
- By default the vehicle presence condition is selected for each zone. In addition, green is selected for the zone display color when a vehicle is detected and gray when no vehicle is present in the zone. There is no default output assigned.
- For each selected condition (vehicle and bicycle presence) an output must be assigned unless the Set Output action is removed in either the Zones Explorer or Actions Explorer section.
- The Show Video Overlay check box is used to display overlays only when video is playing. The Show Setup Controls check box is used to display overlays on the Zone Setup screen for both static images and video.
- After all zones are defined and configured, it is recommended that the configuration be archived (see Saving an Archive File).